Sunday 2 January 2011

New year - still the same knitting

Happy New year everyone! I do realise this is the time when many knitting blogs have listings of the projects completed last year - or photos showing best projects..
I'm not gonna do that. Last year is gone. It was a pretty good year. I hope this one is equally good one.

As for knitting - I'm still knitting the Hoarfrost neck warmer. And thinking that either I'm really slow knitter when it comes to this pattern or then I just don't feel a project that takes more than 5 hours especially fast one to make.
In the pattern it says that: " Knit in a crystalline cable-and-lace motif and finished with a knit-on border of lace snowflakes, this piece works up quickly on circular needles, travels well, and makes a beautiful gift."
I do agree it is a beautiful design. It definitely would travel well as it is very compact and small . But works up quickly? I totally disagree. I've been knitting my Hoarfrost more than 7 hours now and That is not Quickly. Nope.
Looks like this pattern and yarn go very well together. What an incredible shine and depth of colour!

2 comments:

Wollgut said...

And happy new year to you! The last post I read of yours before I fell into the rabbit (=dissertation) hole was about your Milan trip. I've missed so much! I love the Pea Vines scarf, and I LOVE the Side Slip Cloche (plus the cowl you made to go with it). What's the golden lace project you're making out of Kidsilk Haze? Looks beautiful! I look forward to seeing more finished projects... :)

I know what you mean by knits that supposedly knit up quickly... I made a pair of booties that supposedly take one hour to make, only it took me the length of the extended version of The Two Towers--and that's something like four hours!

Sigrun said...

Happy new year :-)