I did it! See the relieved smile on my face? Yesterday evening it finally started to look like I was going to finish this coat in time - and here it is!
Pattern: Heavily modified version of Clàsica Coat by Deborah Newton
Yarn: RYC Soft Tweed in Twig - approx 800g
Needles: 5mm & 6mm
Crochet hook: 6mm
I ended up reversing the crinkle stitch pattern, Had to recalculate all stitch-counts due to thicker yarn than asked for . Made the jacket longer & narrower than in the original pattern. Left out the "raglan detail" (which I didn't get at all - to me it looked just so weird - so I left it out) And I modified sleeve a bit to fit my taste better (shorter crinkle-stitch area - a bit narrower sleeves )
All in all I'm pretty happy with this. Only thing that needs fixing is the hood, that is a bit weird shape. (I keep my fingers crossed that I can mold it into better shape while wet-blocking the whole thing. That is the one thing left to do with this before I can wear it - but for Ravelympics 2010 purposes - I say it is finished! )