Sunday 14 February 2010

3, 2, 1- go!

The Winter Olympic Games of 2010 in Vancouver began yesterday morning at 4am Finnish time, and I cast on my olympic project right after the breakfast. It's gonna be Clasica Coat by Deborah Newton- although quite heavily modified version at that. I've no idea wheather I'm able to knit a thigh-length , hooded coat in a fortnight (or so) but I'll try. (I have a sneaking suspicion that it might be a bit too optimistic plan...)

True to myself, I'm substituting the yarn (cascade ecologigal wool) with RYC Soft Tweed, that I bought from sale over a year ago. This means I've had to recalculate everything. I've also decided to modify the length, the sleeve, the raglan detail, and the actual stitch pattern... so the outcome will probably be something totally unique and unrecognisable.

We'll see if I'm able to make it.

1 comment:

Wollgut said...

Happy Ravelympics! I'm looking forward to seeing the result.