Thursday 11 February 2010

Guess who?

of course it's me - but could not resist. Just a quick post before Winter Olympics begin tomorrow in Vancouver - and I'm ready to pick up my 6mm needles and have a go with my Ravelympics 2010 project...( I already have doubts about it - I might have chosen a bit too challenging jacket to knit in two weeks ,but.... we'll see)
Pattern: Blossom Hat by Norah Gaughan from Vogue Knitting (Designer Knitting) Fall 2009 (ravelry)
Yarn: Mystery spanish wool yarn bought from Barcelona.
Needles: 4,5mm dpns

(sorry very dark photo. There is not enough light at this time of year!)
Because of my big(ish) head I added 1 increase round to girth, and some rows to get more depth. Knitted this on the round instead of back'n'forth. Easier that way. Like this? yes. Have been wearing this every day since I finished it.


Pattern: Yellow Harvest mittens by Mari Muinonen from Vogue Knitting , Fall 2008 (ravelry)
Yarn: Same as in the hat above
Needles: 4,5mm dpns

The photo has been taken pre-wet blocking - which is why they don't look so nice and even.. (fortunately wet-blocking fixes almost everything - as long as the yarn is wool:-) These had very tight cuffs ("cutting of the circulation - cannot feel my hands anymore" - sort of..) but I stretch them while blocking and now the fit is beautiful.

All in all a surprisingly fast pattern to knit.

Next time - olympic fever!

1 comment:

Sigrun said...

Nice and lovely color.