Sunday 7 March 2010

BSJ

Here' s my first BSJ ever. It is a very clever design by Elizabeth Zimmermann - as everyone knows. It took Emma to get pregnant with a little baby girl for me to start knitting this pattern for the very first time. (I finished it already in February but didn't want to post it here before having sent it to Emma) I also made little socks to go with it. (because - lets face it, although booties are oh-so-cute - they are unpractical as they won't stay on on a normal baby (I think that they might stay on if the baby is VERY calm, but my girls at least have always moved their feet to the extent that no booties have stayed on for longer than a couple of minutes...) So socks it was...
Pattern: Baby Suprise Jacket by Elizabeth Zimmermann
Yarn: Twilleys Freedom spirit in Bliss a bit over 100g for both the jacket and socks
Needles: 3,5mm

I'm thrilled with the design. And it was so fun to knit! I only can hope that Emma likes it as well.

2 comments:

Wollgut said...

I'm sure Emma loves it. It's such a beautiful design, and your BSJ looks very pretty. I love the colors!

Tintti said...

Onpa söpö!
Ihana lanka.