Sunday 29 August 2010

Skew socks

This design was total addiction to me. Once I started - I was not able to put my needles down. I had my moments of doubt - because at some point my brain just could not comprehend how these could ever grow into socks that fit. (once I got to the point of photo below- I could have sworned that the socks are going to be way too big...) But perseverance and blind faith(!) paid off and the end result is wonderful. Magickal even.
Pattern: Skew by Lana Holden from Knitty winter 2009.
Yarn: Garnstudio Drops Fabel
Needles: 2,5mm

Love the way this design forms funny angles and makes this super boring yarn look good. (which is a nice benefit - as I've had this yarn in my stash for ages..) So one more pair of socks for me - which is needed as fall has finally arrived and day temperatures have dropped below +15 celsius. And I find myself reaching for a pair of cozy wool socks the first thing in the morning when getting out of bed. No more bare feet before next spring...

3 comments:

Sigrun said...

Great socks! Looks complicated but all challenges do don't they :-) I think I will put them on my to-do-list :-)

A-L said...

Sigrun: the pattern for Skew socks is extremely well written - so you really cannot go wrong as long as you follow the instructions. That said - I still had my moments of serious doubt when working on those lovelies. At some point they don't look anything like socks - but just go on.... and in the and you have one amazing pair of socks. I really recommend this pattern!

Anonymous said...

I have wanted to knit skew socks with stripey stash yarn but couldn't get a picture of it in my head. Now I am definitely persuaded.