Friday 4 September 2009

Back to work - Takaisin töihin

It's been an exciting week. I went back to work after staying home with girls for nearly two years. And suddenly everything seems like new again.

Not much to show you then. It's not that I don't have any FO's but the lack of photo sessions...
Anyways - here's what I made with my BFL fibre from Wildcraft. Shade is the apptly named Sunflowers and I managed to spin it a bit finer than my first yarn. I would knit it with 3.5mm needles & is approximately DK weight.
Originally I tried to finish with just one big skein of yarn, but I have no idea how to continue plying when the spindle is already full (can you empty it somehow without breaking the yarn & continue? or how is it supposed to be done? Please let me know if you know how!)
So now I have two squishy skeins approx. 50g each.(total 236meters of yarn)

Oh btw.- my DH bought me an old Finnish spinning wheel from a flea market. I'm thrilled! It needs a bit of TLC before I can start practising with it but now I have one!!

Jännä viikko takana - palasin töihin parin vuoden äitiys-hoitovapaan jälkeen ja hiukan oudoltahan se tuntuu. Vaikkakin olen asiasta innoissani...
Valmiita töitä olisi, kun vain saisi aikaiseksi kuvattua niitä- Siksi näytillä tälläkertaa itsekehrätty villalanka. yhteensä 100g/236m ja sellaista 3.5mm puikoilla neulottavaa tuli. Väri on osuvasti nimetty Auringonkukat. Ihanan pehmeetä keltaisen, oranssin ja ruskean eri sävyissä. Voin jo kuvitella tämän jo jossain kirjoneuleessa...

Ai niin - mies meni ja osti mulle rukin! siis suomalaisen talonpoikaisrukin. (vinorukki) näyttäis olevan aikalailla kunnossa - siis mitä asiasta ymmärrän (en paljoakaan - se on myönnettävä) mutta rukki tarvitsee kyllä kunnon putsauksen ja öljyämisen ja sitten ei kun harjoittelemaan. Mulla on oma rukki!!! Jihuu!

2 comments:

Melanie said...

That's exciting that you're back at work! Are the girls all in daycare/kindergarden/preschool?

The yarn is beautiful. This is only the second time you spun? Unbelievable!

stash haus said...

The yarn is very pretty. It will be interesting to read about your adventures with the "new" spinning wheel.