Wednesday 18 March 2009

Thick socks - Paksut sukat

All three girls are sick again. Poor little things. I knit to keep my sanity while trying to make them feel better. So knitting is limited to something easy. No colourwork or multiple skeins of yarn that become tangled etc.

Kaikki kolme tyttöä taas kipeinä, joten yritän pysyä tolkuissani neulomalla jotain helpohkoa (vain yksivärisiä neuleita) samalla kun päätehtävä on toimia sisar-hento-valkoisena...

So I knitted myself a pair of worsted-weight socks. They are so cool.

Neuloin jo seiskaveikasta paksut villasukat. Aikas makeet - vaikka itse sanonkin;-)
Pattern: Cable Rolling Socks by Mari Muinonen/ Tikru (ravelry)
Yarn: Novita Seitsemän Veljestä approx. 130g
Needles: 3.25mm dpns

I wasn't sure if I had enough yarn so I knitted the leg one pattern repeat shorter than asked for. Like them this way - they are long enough.

En ollut aivan varma riittäisikö lanka, joten jätin varresta yhden mallikuvion pois. Ihan tarpeeksi pitkät tuli silti.
The Best Part: Heel. This is the clou of the design. Absolutely gorgeous! And so fun to knit!
Mallin juju löytyy kantapäästä. Tosi hieno yksityiskohta.
Despite of all those cables, these were very fast to knit. Cable pattern is easy to remember, and cabling without cable needle + thick yarn makes these go extra-fast. Truly recommended pattern.

Vaikka näissä on kiemuraa jos jonkinlaista oli neulominen tosi nopeaa. Ilman apupuikkoa ja paksusta langasta tehtynä nämä valmistuivat lähes itsestään. Suosittelen lämpimästi kokeilemaan tätä ohjetta.

3 comments:

Sigrun said...

Lovely socks and the RPM socks also. Hope your girls get better soon.

A-L said...

thanks Sigrun, only 2/3 sick anymore - so it's getting better.
Have you tried those Noro Striped socks yet? I've just begun knitting them and it is so addictive. And fun!

Sigrun said...

Good to hear, hope it gets soon to 0/3 :-)
No I haven't tried those Noro Striped socks yet but I think I have to soon :-) they look so nice.