Monday 18 November 2013

Camino bubbles

Sometimes knitting something a spectacular-looking can be ridiculously easy.Take for example this design by Kieran Foley.


Pattern: Camino Bubbles by Kieran Foley
Yarn: ONline Linie 298 Fashion Lace in #0205
Needles: 3.25mm

The project looks nothing like this when it comes from needles. It really needs to be properly wet-blocked and stretched into shape but after that's done it looks amazing. I love those bubbles! So cool. A perfect pattern for a self striping yarn like Fashion Lace.

Jotkut neuleet näyttävät makeilta ja monimutkaisilta ja sitten paljastuukin,. että neulominen on aivan lastenleikkiä. Näin oli Camino Bubblesin kohdalla. Todella fiksu neulemalli, joka näyttää epämääräiseltä ruttukasalta kun se puikoilta valmistuu, mutta kunnon märkäsileytyksen jälkeen tulos onkin jotain aivan muuta. Ihania kuplia! Psykedeeliaa sielulle!! ja silmille. Kunnon optista harhaa pelkillä pudotetuilla silmukoilla. Ohje on kuin tehty tällaiselle itseraidoittuvalle langalle. Näyttäisi kyllä varmaan ihan kivalta yksivärisenäkin...

6 comments:

berenike said...

OMG... That must one of the most beautiful designs I've ever seen in my life! I love how you combined it with a multicolour yarn! Before I buy it, can you give short recaps of what stitches are used etc.?

Jaana said...

Upea! En ole ennen nähnytkään tällaista!

A-L said...

berenike: thank you! it really is the most simple shawl to make. stitches used: knit, purl, knit through back of a stitch, drop stitch:-)

Jaana: kiitos! nuo Kieranin suunnittelemat huivit on melkoisen makeita:-)

iikku said...

Hieno =) Tuo on kyllä kiehtova kuvio!

ArualMaria said...

Jännittävännäköistä pintaa!

Prinz Jusuf said...

Good Morning from Australia,
I fell in love with the Camino Bubbles but don't get it. I saw your fabulous knitting work and thought I might find resscue here. So, may I start asking: I understand that the back rows are always 4p, k, p till the last 7 stitches and then k,p,k,p4. As of row 7 I don't get it at all. If I drop a stitch it is a gone stitch. Would you be so kind to help me?
With a lot of thanks in advance.
Petra T