Friday 21 December 2012

Beige blah+ colours - Mitäänsanomatonta beessiä + värejäkin

Today is the last schoolday for kids before Joulu. I've finished all my knitted gifts! There are so many things to show you here in my blog that let's begin with the last mushroom dyeing experiment. ...

I found these mushies: they are some sort of Lycoperdon. No idea which variety. There were just so many of them that I decided to try them in dyeing, maybe I would get some colour, maybe not...

Tänään on viimeinen koulupäivä ja sitten koko perhe on joululomalla. Kylläpä syksy meni nopeasti! Ja kuin ihmeen kaupalla, kaikki neulotut joululahjat ovat täysin valmiit! 
Sen kunniaksi vähän vanhempaa asiaa - koska vain haluan että nämä sienivärjäyskokeilut löytyvät täältä blogista sitten ensi vuonna kun jatkan värjäyskokeiluja... 

Eli luin jostain että Hernekuukusella voi värjätä vahvaa ruskeaa väriä - mutta jäin miettimään josko muillakin kuukusilla/tuhkeloilla voisi värjätä. Tai josko niistä irtoaisi mitään väriä. Löysin ison esiintymän noitä yläkuvan tuhkeloita tästä ihan lähimetsästä ja päätin testata niitä. No eivät todella olleet mitään loistavia värjäyssieniä ja tästä kokeilusta tuloksena oli jokseenkin yhdentekevää beessiä lankaa. Ei tarvi näitä sieniä enää ensi vuonna kerätä värjäystä varten! No tulipa kokeiltua. Muutenkin koko sienivärjäyksen kanssa pelaaminen on ollut tosi yllätyksellistä ja ihanaa. Jatkan taatusti taas ensi syksynä! 

Well - these obviously were not great for mushroom dyeing and what I got is this non-descript beige. Quite boring really - but hey, I'm still happy that I tried these. At least I know now that they are not worth collecting...

For a grand finale of my mushroom dye experiments in 2012:  here's a group picture of all yarns I dyed this autumn using different mushrooms.

Tähän sienivärjäysjakson lopuksi ryhmäkuva kaikista tänä syksynä sienillä värjäämistäni langoista. Ihan kunnon kasahan niitä sitten tuli.


btw. compared to mushroom dyeing - onion skins give amazingly potent colour. Have been doing that as well lately... wait for some photos to come!

Muuten - sipulinkuorella saakin sitten näihin verrattuna aivan käsittämättömän paljon kirkkaampaa väriä aikaiseksi. Sitäkin on tässä tullut testattua - kuvia tulossa ihan pian...

3 comments:

berenike said...

oh wow, such lovely colours! onions give a nice dye, you should try red onions too! I've always wondered what kind of colour black-fruited aronia makes.

A-L said...

Berenike: I've been thinking about trying red onion skins but haven't got round trying them yet. Maybe some day. Also need to try tuomi next spring! (should give fuchsia/ lilac colour)

Sigurborg Johannsdottir said...

we used this mushrooms or at least similar ones on open cuts to stop bleeding when I was a child growing up in the country in Iceland about 1970's.
Like your blog
;O) sjo