Wednesday 29 October 2008

What was I thinking?

Sometimes I find yarn from my stash that makes me wonder if I make yarn purchases while asleep. There's no other explanation. Really. Look at this:
Beautiful lace weight blend of silk and merino but the colour?? It's beyond me. I cannot understand how and why I have bought it. But because I'm me, I decided to knit it into Elizabeth Zimmermann's Pi shawl. Maybe the colour will grow on me? Or maybe it will be really striking and beautiful when finished? I do not know. But I really want to think that it *will* be gorgeous when finished.

Now tell me that this is reasonable thinking.

3 comments:

Sigrun said...

Subconscious! That's what make you buy yarn and later you think 'why on earth did I buy this?'
Hope you get to like this, the colors make me think of summer and candy = nice.

A-L said...

sigrun: maybe that was it:-) It definitely acts as a nice colour therapy at the moment when everything is greay outside my window...(not to mention that silk and merino can hardly hurt anybodys fingers...)

käsveska said...

todella kauniin värinen lanka. mutta tiedän hyvin tunteesi, jos olisin itse ostanut tuon, painisin parhaillaan samojen kysymysten kanssa! mä olen opetellut kieltäytymään upean, mutta minulle vieraan värisistä langoista jo ostohetkellä. työlästä se kyllä on ollut ja on aina ajoittain edelleen.. mutta todella energisoiva tulee tuosta huivistasi! (kirjoitin suomeksi kannustaakseni sinua suomenkielisen tekstin pariin.. huomaa silti pienet alkukirjaimet välttääkseni puhdasoppisuutta=))